Mrs. Katie Franks
(908)638-4101 extension 4111
COUNSELORS WORK WITH STUDENTS, PARENTS, AND STAFF TO PROMOTE GROWTH IN…
* Understanding of self and confidence in daily interactions.
- Positive attitudes toward self, family, and community.
- Communication skills in relationships with peers, family, neighbors, and school staff.
- Motivation for success in school and community activities.
- Decision making skills involving exploration of alternatives and realization of consequences.
- Emotionally healthy school learning climate.
- Cooperation between home and school.
- Community resource programs for students, family and school personnel.
SCHOOL COUNSELORS HELP…
* Individually and in groups with their concerns, plans, goals, and achievements.
- Understand themselves and others to strengthen cooperation and interaction.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with others.
- Learn decision making and interpersonal skills.
- Gain optimum benefit from their school experience.
- Transition from Elementary to Middle School and to High School.
- With High School placement and with the preparation of their freshman High School schedules.
* Learn about their child's growth and development.
- Appreciate their child's abilities, limitations, and progress in school.
- Encourage a home atmosphere for emotional security and growth.
- Increase knowledge and skills by sharing information (Parent resources are available).
* Understand the students and their behavior.
- Create a positive learning climate and personalized educational approach.
- Provide classroom guidance activities for greater understanding of self and others.