HIGH BRIDGE BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
January 12, 2021
The High Bridge Board of Education has one seat available due to the resignation of Board member Michelle Corley.
The Board of Education is seeking persons interested in filling the seat until December, 2021. The Board wishes to appoint that person at the February 8, 2021 High Bridge Board of Education meeting.
The following state requirements must be meet to fill the vacant seat:
- Be able to read and write
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year’s residency in the school district
- Be registered to vote in the district before filing the nominating petition
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the board
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body or, in the case of county school districts, the county governing body
- Not simultaneously hold two elective offices
- Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes. (Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the state Department of Education.)
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest which briefly outlines any special attributes they may bring to the Board by January 28, 2021 to:
John Jennings, Board Secretary/Business Administrator
High Bridge Board of Education
40 Fairview Avenue High Bridge, NJ 08829
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Board Office at (908) 638-6552.